Prayer Guide: 10.10.18
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 10: Why do You Hide Yourself?
- Psalm 40: My Help & My Deliverer
- Psalm 70: O Lord, Do Not Delay
- Psalm 100: His Steadfast Love Endures Forever
- Psalm 130: My Soul Waits for the Lord
- Proverbs 10: Pursue Life
Pray for Your Church
- That adult members would work to disciple teenagers and not just leave it to programming.
- Joe, Liz, Micah, Isaiah, Judea & Josiah Messer
- Chris, Sherry & Neriah Meyer
- Marek, Monique & Blake Mikula
General Church Prayers
- Please pray for our friends, the Hicks family. Their son Brandon (8th grade) who has been coming to youth group has developed some hard lymph nodes and his blood cell count does not look good. They are headed to Children’s on Monday and the family has asked if we could have our church pray. Thank you all!
- That God would help us to pay off the church building.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will cultivate strong integrity, and not compromise his convictions. Pray that his testimony will be genuine, that he will be honest in his business dealings, and will never do anything that he needs to hide from others. (Prov. 20:7; 1 Tim. 1:5, 3:7; Eph. 6:10-12)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will be morally pure and that she will wear the armor of God so that she will not fall into sexual temptation. Ask God to guard her heart concerning the use of free time, and that she will be especially discerning in her use of emails, the Internet, television, and other media. (Rom. 13:14; Eph. 6:10-18)
Pray for Your Children
Biblical Self-Esteem—”Help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus.” (Eph. 2:10)
Pray for Your Singleness
[May] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe. (Ephesians 1:16–19)
Show me more of yourself and shape my life to reveal your glory. As I walk back out on the raging sea of life and of singleness, still my faith in you and set my eyes on you standing strong and reliable above it all. Reveal how much bigger and more beautiful you are than marriage, or any other dream or desire I might have.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray for opportunities to minister to them. Many people come to faith after seeing Christ’s loved displayed through the ministry of Christians. Pray for opportunities to minister to unbelievers so that your ministry can have an evangelistic effect. “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 5:16).
Pray for the Nations
Commonwealth of Dominica
Area: 750 sq km
A hurricane-prone, rugged, mountainous island between the French islands of Guadeloupe and Martinique; ruled by France until 1759, which has determined much of its religious and cultural development.
Population: 66,515 Annual Growth: -0.28%
Official language: English, but as many as 80% speak a French Creole Languages: 3 All languages
Largest Religion: Christian
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Challenges for Prayer
Evangelical Christians have increased from 2% in 1970 to nearly 17% in 2010. The Association of Evangelicals is providing good leadership. Pray for continued growth in the gospel witness.
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)