Prayer Guide: 3.10.18
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 10: Why do You Hide Yourself?
- Psalm 40: My Help & My Deliverer
- Psalm 70: O Lord, Do Not Delay
- Psalm 100: His Steadfast Love Endures Forever
- Psalm 130: My Soul Waits for the Lord
- Proverbs 10: Pursue Life
Pray for Your Church
- That adult members would work to disciple teenagers and not just leave it to programming.
- Chris, Sherry & Neriah Meyer
- Marek, Monique & Blake Mikula
- Jay, Michelle, Jacob, Timothy & Emmalyn Nichols
General Church Prayers
- Prayer request from Marsha Powers: Could you pray for my friend who is being evicted? He is in poor health and been unable to work. He has to be out of his rental house by tonight and still has some furniture to move out. He’s unable to get them out by himself. Also if anyone could spare a couple of hours this afternoon to help with those last few pieces of furniture. Email Marsha here.
- Please pray for Erin Pavlik’s brother & sister-in-law (Will & Tori Cavanaugh) and their unborn daughter, Hope. She was diagnosed with Trisomy 13, a rare chromosome abnormality, involving nearly every organ system in her body as well as other complications. Only about 10% of the babies with this diagnosis will live to see their first birthday.
Her parents turned down terminating the pregnancy in order to hold her before she fades away. They will most likely only have minutes to hours with her.If you want to support this family, please pray for Will & Tori, big sister Ava, and baby Hope. Please pray for their marriage, that they would be united in their grief and that this hardship will draw them closer to each other but especially to the Lord.Also, if you have a heart to, consider donating to their GoFundMe page that Erin set up to offset the cost of a professional photographer, a funeral, memorial service, medical expenses and to allow Will some day off work so they are able to grieve together.Thank you for joining us in lifting up this precious family.
- That God would help us to pay off the church building.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will cultivate strong integrity, and not compromise his convictions. Pray that his testimony will be genuine, that he will be honest in his business dealings, and will never do anything that he needs to hide from others. (Prov. 20:7; 1 Tim. 1:5, 3:7; Eph. 6:10-12)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will be morally pure and that she will wear the armor of God so that she will not fall into sexual temptation. Ask God to guard her heart concerning the use of free time, and that she will be especially discerning in her use of emails, the Internet, television, and other media. (Rom. 13:14; Eph. 6:10-18)
Pray for Your Children
Biblical Self-Esteem—”Help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus.” (Eph. 2:10)
Pray for Your Singleness
[May] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe. (Ephesians 1:16–19)
Show me more of yourself and shape my life to reveal your glory. As I walk back out on the raging sea of life and of singleness, still my faith in you and set my eyes on you standing strong and reliable above it all. Reveal how much bigger and more beautiful you are than marriage, or any other dream or desire I might have.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray for opportunities to minister to them. Many people come to faith after seeing Christ’s loved displayed through the ministry of Christians. Pray for opportunities to minister to unbelievers so that your ministry can have an evangelistic effect. “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 5:16).
Pray for the Nations
Kingdom of Bhutan – Druk Yul
Area: 47,000 sq km
A small kingdom in the eastern Himalaya mountains.
Population: 708,484 Annual Growth: 1.74%
Peoples: 35 (91% unreached) All peoples
Official language: Dzongkha. Nepali is also widely used Languages: 35 All languages
Largest Religion: Buddhist
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Challenges for Prayer
Bhutan was effectively closed to all Christian witness until 1965. This was followed by 25 years of slight relaxation, during which Indian and other expatriate NGOs were able to witness. Since 1990, restrictions have increased. The spread of Christian witness and the potentially “destabilizing” effects on society of proselytism and Western-style democracy are the pretexts for harsh treatment of Christians. Pray for the growth of the Church in this land.
Christians are denied religious freedom and are persecuted in various ways. Church buildings are forbidden in all but a very few cases; most fellowships must meet in homes. Bhutanese who become Christian face the loss of their citizenship, of other benefits – such as free education, health care, employment – and of access to electricity and water. In some instances, harassment and beatings occur. Despite these, groups of believers are forming and increasingly spreading across the breadth of the country.
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)