Prayer Guide 2.27.18
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 27: The Lord Is My Light & My Salvation
- Psalm 57: Let Your Glory Be Over All the Earth
- Psalm 87: Glorious Things of You Are Spoken
- Psalm 117: The Lord’s Faithfulness Endures Forever
- Psalm 147: He Heals the Brokenhearted
- Proverbs 27: The Way of the Wise
Pray for Your Church
- That the church’s prayers would be infused with biblical ambitions, honesty, and humility.
- Cale, Virgina, Caleb, Caroline, Charlotte & Carson Rogers
- Joey, Robin, Asher & Emily Taylor
General Church Prayers
- Prayer request from Lindsay Yackey: Please pray for my brother, Wes. He lives in NC and has been having terrible back pain for over a week now. He has been to the ER several times and finally today they realized the last disc in his back is herniated. He was transported by ambulance to Charlotte (about an hour away from their house) and he was just told he needs emergency surgery tonight. He is at the hospital by himself and I’m feeling helpless I can’t be there. My step dad will be up there first thing in the morning. Please say a prayer for him! Thank you!
- That God would help us to pay off the church building.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will understand the importance of taking care of his body—the temple of the Holy Spirit—for the glory of God. Pray that he will practice self-control by making wise food choices, and get sufficient exercise to stay healthy. (Rom. 12:1-2; 1 Cor. 6:19-20, 9:27)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will earnestly seek God’s will and be committed to instant and complete obedience—ready for God to work powerfully in and through her life. (1 Sam. 15:22; 2 Cor. 10:3-5; Luke 9:23-24)
Pray for Your Children
Passion for God—”Lord, please instill in my children a soul that ‘followeth hard after thee,’ one that clings passionately to You.” (Ps. 63:8)
Pray for Your Singleness
With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments. . . . I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. . . . Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways. . . . Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me. (Psalm 119:10, 15, 37, 133)
You are the only one who could ever truly make me happy. No spouse, no friend, no job, no amount of money could ever fill the space inside of me made for you. You are more than enough for me, and yet my heart is still prone to wander. Order my loves according to your surpassing worth and beauty, and guard my eyes and mind from being preoccupied with anyone or anything besides you. Capture my heart again, and secure it against all of Satan’s lies.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray for opportunities to minister to them. Many people come to faith after seeing Christ’s loved displayed through the ministry of Christians. Pray for opportunities to minister to unbelievers so that your ministry can have an evangelistic effect. “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 5:16).
Pray for the Nations
Republic of Azerbaijan
Area: 86,600 sq km
Caucasian republic on the Caspian Sea, including a 5,632 sq km enclave, Nakhichevan, between Armenia and Iran, and the disputed 4,400 sq km region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
Population: 8,933,928 Annual Growth: 1.11%
Peoples: 40 (63% unreached) All peoples
Official language: Azerbaijani Languages: 34 All languages
Largest Religion: Muslim
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Challenges for Prayer
Azerbaijan remains a politically volatile nation. The conflict with Armenia remains unresolved, with both sides manipulating the suffering of many for their own advantage. Regional tensions – involving Russia and its southern republics, Turkey, Georgia, Iran and with NATO – complicate matters further. Azerbaijani military spending is at an all-time high, and no long-term solution to any problem has been found, with most players being intransigent on key issues. Pray for stability and a genuine will to make peace in and around Azerbaijan.
Christian help ministries. Pray for the impact of:
a) Christian literature. There is a quickly growing collection of Christian books in Azeri (more than 100, with another 20-30 in progress), the majority of them published unofficially. Pray for this vital and strategic work. There are a couple of Christian bookstores in Baku.
b) Bible translation. The Azeri Bible is available in both North and South Azeri, and the NT in audio format for North Azeri. Translation needs are most keenly felt among the minority Caucasus languages.
c) Christian radio/audio. There is a notable lack of radio programmes in Azeri. This is a matter for prayer, both for programme development and for stations from which to broadcast. Christian audio programmes on cassette/CD are available in 12 languages through GRN. Increasing numbers of worship songs are being written and released in Azeri musical genres and language.
d) The JESUS film is available in Avar, North Azeri, Kurmanji, Lezgi, Russian and Talysh.
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)