Prayer Guide 11.9.18
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 9: I Will Recount Your Wonderful Deeds
- Psalm 39: What is the Measure of my Days?
- Psalm 69: Save me, O God
- Psalm 99: The Lord Our God is Holy
- Psalm 129: They Have Afflicted me From my Youth
- Proverbs 9: Wisdom & Folly
Pray for Your Church
- That the church’s prayers would be infused with biblical ambitions, honesty, and humility.
- Dusty, Star, Josiah, Anastasia, Jezreel & Kathryn Kraft
- Jim & Liz Linclau
- Jim, Brenda, Noah, Victoria, Andrew, Nicholus, Zack, Caleb, & Seth Long
General Church Prayers
- Continue to pray for Dori Hubbard and her recovery from Spinal Fusion surgery to correct Scoliosis.
- Continue to pray for the Andrews family after the loss of Rebecca’s mother.
- Continue to pray for the McNerney’s and John’s recovery from his recent heart surgery.
- Continue to pray for Lindsay Yackey who has two broken arms currently and is trying to finish her student teaching in the next few weeks.
- Continue to pray for the Aricayos family and for Isaia’s recovery from his motorcycle accident.
- Pray God would continue to provide the finances for us to pay off our building.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband handle finances wisely, will have discernment concerning budgeting and investments, and will be a good steward of his money in regard to giving to the Lord’s work. Pray that money will not become a source of discord in your family. (Prov. 23:4-5; Rom. 12:13; Heb. 13:5)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that God will build a hedge of protection around your marriage, and that you and your wife will be aware of the potential for any improper relationships. Pray that your family time will be protected. (Matt. 19:6; Prov. 31:11a; 2 Cor. 10:4-5)
Pray for Your Children
Respect (for self, others, and authority)—”Father, grant that my children may show proper respect to everyone, as Your Word commands.(1 Pet. 2:17)
Pray for Your Singleness
“Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” (Luke 22:42)
Not my will, but yours, be done, O Lord. If those seven words and the faith beneath them were enough to carry Jesus through the cross for my sake, they should be enough to carry me through anything in this life for his sake. Prepare me to make the most of marriage or singleness, whatever you have chosen and planned for me. If it’s not your will for me to marry, help me see all that you have planned for me — in gifting, ministry, and singleness. Either way, anchor my heart firmly in you, and not in marriage.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray that you will develop relationship with them. For people to be saved they must first hear the good news of the gospel. For them to hear the good news of the gospel, they must first encounter Christians—Christians like you. Pray that you would develop deeper, more significant relationship with them so you can, in turn, speak truth. “How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?” (Romans 10:14).
Pray for the Nations
Republic of Sudan
Area: 2,503,890 sq km
Africa’s largest country. Desert in the north, merging into grasslands and mountains in the centre and tropical bush in the south. Straddling the Nile Rivers. Nuba Mountains in the centre.
Population: 35,700,000 Annual Growth: 2.22%
Official language: Arabic and English Languages: 75All languages
Largest Religion: Muslim
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Challenges for Prayer
Pray for the Church in Sudan Believers must find ways to recover from the damage done by war and persecution This includes both the physical damage from bombing, fi re, and poverty, but also the spiritual and emotional trauma caused by such prolonged pain Possibly the most strategic need is training Spiritual leaders and pastors need training that suits the Sudanese context In addition, the millions who came to Jesus from Islamic, animist, or weak Christian backgrounds need discipleship Out of 114 languages, only 10 have the whole Bible Christian radio/audio resources and TV/video material could help believers read and understand Scripture, gain a Christian worldview, and learn how to reach their neighbours (even their enemies!) for Jesus
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)