Prayer Guide 11.7.17
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 7: In You Do I Take Refuge
- Psalm 37: He Will Not Forsake His Saints
- Psalm 67: Make Your Face Shine Upon Us
- Psalm 97: The Lord Reigns
- Psalm 127: Unless the Lord Builds the House
- Proverbs 7: The Deception of Seduction
Pray for Your Church
- That elders would remain above reproach, kept from temptation, complacency, idols, and worldliness.
- Tom, Janet & Andrew Grove
- Jessica, Aiden & Eric Gunning
- Omar, Karen, Ariana, Serena, Treyton & Riley Herrera
General Church Prayers
- That God would help us to pay off the church building before then end of the year.
- Pray for those affected by the recent tragedy in New York.
- Pray for the Wuest and Harry families as they morn the loss of their Mother Collette.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will safeguard his heart against inappropriate relationships with the opposite sex. Pray that his heart will be pure and undivided in his commitment to you. (Prov. 6:23-24, 26; Rom. 13:14)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will remember truth and practical principles from the Word of God during times of trial, and that the Scriptures will bring her comfort. Pray that the Word will become her delight and song when circumstances are tough. (Ps. 119:28, 52)
Pray for Your Children
Justice—”God, help my children to love justice as You do and act justly in all they do.” (Ps. 11:7; Mic. 6:8)
Pray for Your Singleness
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. (Colossians 3:23–24)
Help me see any success or progress as evidence of your grace, and wean me off of the love of money and human approval. Liberate me from the tyranny of today’s to-do list, and receive every task, every meeting, every chore, and every project as an act of worship.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray that God would remove Satan’s blinding influence. Unbelievers have been blinded by Satan and will only ever be able to see and appreciate the gospel if God works within them. So pray that God would give them sight—spiritual sight. “In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God” (2 Corinthians 4:4).
Pray for the Nations
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Area: 389 sq km
Windward Islands; located between St Lucia and Grenada. One larger island and a chain of 16 smaller islands and islets to the south.
Population: 109,284 Annual Growth: 0.10%
Official language: English (official), Vincentian Creole Languages: 3 All languages
Largest Religion: Christian
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Challenges for Prayer
The smaller Grenadine Islands suffer a lack of churches due to their more isolated nature. Groups such as the Methodists, Pentecostals and Baptists seek to plant more churches in the Grenadines.
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)