Prayer Guide 1.12.18
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 12: The Faithful Have Vanished
- Psalm 42: Why Are You Cast Down, O My Soul?
- Psalm 72: Give the King Your Justice
- Psalm 102: Do Not Hide Your Face From Me
- Psalm 132: The Lord Has Chosen Zion
- Proverbs 12: Correction Increases Wisdom
Pray for Your Church
- That it would grow in being distinct from the world in love and holiness, even as it engages outsiders.
- Gabe, Toni, Logan, Jacob, Anna, Elizabeth & Riemer
- Cale, Virgina, Caleb, Caroline, Charlotte & Carson Rogers
- Joey, Robin, Asher & Emily Taylor
General Church Prayers
- That God would help us to pay off the church building before then end of the year.
- Pray for the busyness of this holiday season and that our church would be rooted in the true reason for the season JESUS!
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will yield his sexual drive to the Lord and practice self control. Pray that your sexual intimacy together will be fresh, positive, and a reflection of selfless love. (Prov. 5:15, 18; 1 Cor. 7:3; Song of Solomon 7:10)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that she will be a woman of prayer and worship, and that she will lead by example—teaching women how to walk in a close relationship with the Father. (1 Thes. 5:17; Acts 1:14a; Mark 1:35; Matt. 4:10; Titus 2:4-5)
Pray for Your Children
Courage—”May my children always be strong and courageous in their character. (Deut. 31:6)
Pray for Your Singleness
May the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. (Hebrews 13:20–21)
Use me and my gifts to make your name great in the world. I want my life to count for the mission you have given us. I want it to count today, even while I am still young and single. Fill me with ambition, creativity, and selflessness for the sake of your glory.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray for a burden to plead for their souls. Paul was willing to tell the church at Rome of his great longing to see the salvation of the lost. Do you share this deep longing? Pray that God would give you a great burden for souls. “Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved” (Romans 10:1).
Pray for the Nations
Area: 30,244,000 sq km
20.3% of the world’s surface area. Of this, 20.6 million sq km are in countries south of the Sahara, and 9.68 million in the nations of North Africa.
Population: 1,033,042,510 Annual Growth: 2.30%
Largest Religion: Christian
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Answer to Prayer
Christianity has grown to become the religion of almost half of Africa’s population, and nearly two-thirds of sub-Saharan Africa. From 1900 to 2010, Christian numbers grew from 9.1% of the population to 48.8%, and from 7.5 million to 504 million.
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)