Prayer Guide 2.14.18
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 14: The Fool Says, There Is No God
- Psalm 44: Come to Our Help
- Psalm 74: Arise, O God, Defend Your Cause
- Psalm 104: O Lord My God, You Are Very Great
- Psalm 134: Come, Bless the Lord
- Proverbs 14: The End of Wisdom, The End of Folly
Pray for Your Church
- That members would be prepared for persecution, remembering to love, not curse, their persecutors.
- Doug, Lynda, Anna, Grace & Jonathan Whyrick
- Keith & Bethany Wipf / Nate & Sue Wipf
- Jack, Kelli, Ellie, William, Hudson & Benjamin Wuest
General Church Prayers
- That God would help us to pay off the church building.
- Please prayer for Geoffrey Omondi as his father in Kenya passed away last week. Geoffrey is trying to get to Kenya by February 23rd for his fathers funeral. Please pray for provision, safety, comfort and encouragement.
- Pray that Liz Grove would be encouraged as she serves in Hondurans. Pray for protection for her, pray she would be filled with the Holy Spirit so she can love others as she has been loved. Pray God would lead and guide her in planning for the year to come.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will speak words that build you and your family, and reflect a heart of love. Pray that he will not use filthy language. (Prov. 18:21; Eph. 4:29)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will focus on the Word of God and walk by faith in the fear of the Lord—rather than the fear of man. Pray that she will not seek acceptance from others or compare herself with them, but that she will discover true freedom in her position in Christ. (Prov. 19:23; 31:30; Heb. 11:6; 2 Tim. 2:15; Ps. 119:45; Eph. 1:3-12)
Pray for Your Children
Kindness—”Lord, may my children always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.” (1 Thess. 5:15)
Pray for Your Singleness
He gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (Ephesians 4:11–16)
Surround me with people who love me, and who you love more than they love me, especially while I would otherwise live alone. Reveal things about me to me through their eyes, their faith and maturity, and their words. Make me a healthier, more effective member of the local church. Give me a deep, abiding, and growing desire to serve her in whatever ways I can. Rescue me from the blindness and self-centeredness of isolation.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray for other believers to encounter them. God almost always uses a succession of people to share the gospel with people before they are saved. Pray, then, that God would lead other Christians into the lives of the unbelievers you love, that they too would provide an example of Christian living and that they too would speak the gospel. “I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth” (1 Corinthians 3:6).
Pray for the Nations
Area: 199 sq km
Archipelago in the Polynesian Pacific.
Population: 68,505 Annual Growth: 1.76%
Capital: Pago Pago
Peoples: 10 (10% unreached) All peoples
Official language: Samoan, English Languages: 6 All languages
Largest Religion: Christian
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Challenges for Prayer
Remarkable growth among cults (especially Mormons) exposes the nominalism, too-long entrenched, in the mainline churches. Pray for awakening and renewal in these rapidly declining churches.
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)