Prayer Guide 4.15.18
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 15: Who Shall Dwell on Your Holy Hill?
- Psalm 45: Your Throne, O God, Is Forever
- Psalm 75: God Will Judge with Equity
- Psalm 105: Tell of All His Wonderful Works
- Psalm 135: Your Name, O Lord, Endures Forever
- Proverbs 15: God Will Judge
Pray for Your Church
- That hopes for political change would be outstretched by the hope of heaven.
- Bob & Regina Yackey
- Mike, Lindsay, Jayden, Brecklyn, Garrett & Addisyn Yackey
- Steve, Kandice, Wyatt, Clarabelle & Kendall Yackey
General Church Prayers
- That God would help us to pay off the church building.
- Please prayer for Geoffrey Omondi as his father in Kenya passed away last week. Geoffrey is trying to get to Kenya by February 23rd for his fathers funeral. Please pray for provision, safety, comfort and encouragement.
- Pray that Liz Grove would be encouraged as she serves in Hondurans. Pray for protection for her, pray she would be filled with the Holy Spirit so she can love others as she has been loved. Pray God would lead and guide her in planning for the year to come.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will choose his friends wisely. Pray that God will bring him men who will encourage his accountability before God, and will not lead him into sin. (Prov. 13:20; Prov. 27:17)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that she will cooperate with you in providing godly leadership in your home, not based on fear of what others will think, but according to scriptural truth. (Eph. 6:4; Col. 3:20-21) (If your wife does not have children, pray that God will give her many “spiritual children” as she shares the truth of God’s Word.)
Pray for Your Children
Generosity—”Grant that my children may be generous and willing to share, and so lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age.” (1 Tim. 6:18-19)
Pray for Your Singleness
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. (Colossians 3:23–24)
Help me see any success or progress as evidence of your grace, and wean me off of the love of money and human approval. Liberate me from the tyranny of today’s to-do list, and receive every task, every meeting, every chore, and every project as an act of worship.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray that God would use any circumstance to do his work in them. We pray to a God who is sovereign and who sovereignly works his good will. Often he saves people through difficult circumstances, through bringing them to the very end of themselves. Pray, then, that God would arrange circumstances, whether easy or difficult, to lead them to salvation. “Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word” (Psalm 119:67). As you pray for the unbelievers you love, always pray to God: “your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:10).
Pray for the Nations
People’s Republic of China
Area: 9,573,000 sq km
The third-largest state in the world, also containing the highest mountains and plateaus in the world. The climate and geography are extremely diverse, ranging from tropical in the south to sub-arctic in the north, from a highly industrialized and modern eastern seaboard to sparsely populated western deserts and mountain ranges. Hong Kong and Macau are integral parts of China, though their statistics are not included here; Taiwan’s status is debated. These three are handled separately.
Population: 1,330,584,783 Annual Growth: 0.63%
Peoples: 516 (83% unreached) All peoples
Official language: Putonghua (Mandarin Chinese); local languages in the five Autonomous Regions. 15 regional mega-languages. There are an estimated 600 different spoken Han dialects, but one written language common to all Languages: 296 All languages
Largest Religion: Non-religious
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Challenges for Prayer
China remains officially atheist, and Communist Party members number well over 70 million. But the Christian population has eclipsed this number (it is also far outstripped by Chinese Buddhists). Increasing numbers of Party members are believers. Pray that the atheism promoted for so long – and now so assiduously propagated in the education system – will finally be revealed as hollow and deceptive lies. Pray also that all followers of Christ working in state structures might walk faultlessly and be a redemptive force within the government.
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)