Prayer Guide 1.2.19
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 2: The Reign of the Lord’s Anointed
- Psalm 32: Blessed are the Forgiven
- Psalm 62: My Soul Waits for God Alone
- Psalm 92: How Great are Your Works
- Psalm 122: Let Us Go to the House of the Lord
- Proverbs 2: Make Insight Your Priority
Pray for Your Church
- That a culture of discipling would form in which making disciples is viewed as an ordinary part of the Christian life.
- Isaia, Krista, Keoni, Kaleo, Kealani & Kamuela Aricayos
- Mandy Bailey
- Mike, Heather, Caden, Ethan, Landen, Emmery, Hadley, Brinely & Audrey Bonnell
General Church Prayers
- From Isaia Aricayos: Hello, we are asking for prayers for my family and Dad specifically. The doctors completed a CT scan due to pain in his lower back and found what they are almost certain is prostate cancer. Additional scans have found cancer in his left lung and lymph nodes as well. He has a biopsy today to confirm their findings so far and develop a treatment plan. Thankfully, my brother has been available to help with doctor appointments and keeping us informed. Your prayers are appreciated!
- From Trish Watkins: My oldest daughter had her 4th baby yesterday. Her other 3 children do not know who I am. My daughter Nicki has not talked to me in over 8 years. I send cards and presents all the time and get no response. I’m losing hope of ever seeing her again. My heart is broken. Please pray for reconciliation. Thank you.
- Pray God would continue to provide the finances for us to pay off our building.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband’s relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in his life. Pray that he will be a man of wisdom and understanding, fearing the Lord. (Prov. 3:7, 9:10; Ps. 112:1)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that she will cultivate strong character and uncompromising integrity. Pray that her testimony will be genuine, and that she will guard her heart. (1 Tim. 1:5; 3:7; Prov. 4:23)
Pray for Your Children
Growth in Grace—”I pray that my children may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” (2 Pet. 3:18)
Pray for Your Singleness
[May] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe. (Ephesians 1:16–19)
Show me more of yourself and shape my life to reveal your glory. As I walk back out on the raging sea of life and of singleness, still my faith in you and set my eyes on you standing strong and reliable above it all. Reveal how much bigger and more beautiful you are than marriage, or any other dream or desire I might have.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray that God would give them a heart of flesh. The Bible contrasts a heart of flesh, a heart that is alive and responsive to God, to a heart of stone, a heart that is cold and unyielding. Pray that God would work within these unbelievers to change their hearts. “And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh…” (Ezekiel 11:19).
Pray for the Nations
Area: 134,940,000 sq km
Antarctica, with 14 million sq km, is not included.
Population: 6,908,000,000 Annual Growth: 1.20%
Largest Religion: Christian
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Answer to Prayer
Aid, development and charity work across the globe escalated through the 1980s and 1990s and continue in this decade. The civil sector (NGOs) is now the eighth-largest economy in the world, worth over $1 trillion per year globally. Praise God that, more than before, the needs of the most vulnerable and needy are being addressed. Also give thanks for:
a) A more holistic understanding of evangelical mission within the Church. Ministry that cares for orphans and widows, uplifts the poor, brings liberty to the oppressed and sets captives free reflects the heart of God, the values of the Scriptures and the role of the Church. Caring for the downtrodden and vulnerable and demonstrating practically Christ’s love are increasingly — and rightly — the focused activities of evangelical ministry. At many times, evangelicals in particular have lacked a healthy balance of spiritual ministry and practical ministry (as if the purposes of God could be so easily compartmentalized!). Give thanks for the Church’s increasing understanding that Christ’s Kingdom can and must transform every aspect of life and community.
b) Doors to many places and peoples previously closed are open to aid workers, educators, technical tradesmen and virtually any other occupation. Believers have opportunities to enter countries and serve with NGOs, to see redemptive changes occur in communities, to collaborate with other altruistic-minded people and organizations. Just as significant are the opportunities to present an excellent witness for God’s transforming love through practical assistance to those in need.
Pray that this global trend might continue to pave roads for the spread of the gospel to those among whom Christians wish to serve, to non-Christians labouring alongside Jesus’ followers and to community and government leaders who are themselves potentially great change-makers for the Kingdom of God.
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)