Prayer Guide 1.3.19
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 3: Save Me, Oh My God
- Psalm 33: The Steadfast Love of the Lord
- Psalm 63: My Soul Thirsts for You
- Psalm 93: The Lord Reigns
- Psalm 123: Our Eyes Look to the Lord Our God
- Proverbs 3: Humble Yourself
Pray for Your Church
- That faithful elders would use Scripture to train members to do the work of ministry.
- Jeremy, Jordan, Madison, Isabelle, Dawson & Toby Brownrigg
- Paul, Karen & Ryan Caldwell
- Christine Chavez
General Church Prayers
- From Isaia Aricayos: Hello, we are asking for prayers for my family and Dad specifically. The doctors completed a CT scan due to pain in his lower back and found what they are almost certain is prostate cancer. Additional scans have found cancer in his left lung and lymph nodes as well. He has a biopsy today to confirm their findings so far and develop a treatment plan. Thankfully, my brother has been available to help with doctor appointments and keeping us informed. Your prayers are appreciated!
- From Trish Watkins: My oldest daughter had her 4th baby yesterday. Her other 3 children do not know who I am. My daughter Nicki has not talked to me in over 8 years. I send cards and presents all the time and get no response. I’m losing hope of ever seeing her again. My heart is broken. Please pray for reconciliation. Thank you.
- Pray God would continue to provide the finances for us to pay off our building.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will be humble and quick to agree with God about his sin. Pray that his heart will be tender toward the voice of the Lord. (Ps. 51:2-4; Micah 6:8)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray for her personal walk with God—that her soul and spirit will be nourished and strengthened in her times with Him. Pray that she will spend more time in the Word of God than in reading Christian books and articles. (2 Tim. 2:15-16; Ps. 119:7)
Pray for Your Children
“Grant, Lord, that my children may learn to live a life of love, through the Spirit who dwells in them. (Gal. 5:25; Eph. 5:2)
Pray for Your Singleness
With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments. . . . I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. . . . Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways. . . . Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me. (Psalm 119:10, 15, 37, 133)
You are the only one who could ever truly make me happy. No spouse, no friend, no job, no amount of money could ever fill the space inside of me made for you. You are more than enough for me, and yet my heart is still prone to wander. Order my loves according to your surpassing worth and beauty, and guard my eyes and mind from being preoccupied with anyone or anything besides you. Capture my heart again, and secure it against all of Satan’s lies.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray that God would put his Spirit within them. The great joy of salvation is being indwelled by God himself. Pray that God would grant this honor to those unbelievers, that he would choose to take up residence within them. “And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules” (Ezekiel 36:27).
Pray for the Nations
Area: 134,940,000 sq km
Antarctica, with 14 million sq km, is not included.
Population: 6,908,000,000 Annual Growth: 1.20%
Largest Religion: Christian
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Answer to Prayer
Aid, development and charity work across the globe escalated through the 1980s and 1990s and continue in this decade. The civil sector (NGOs) is now the eighth-largest economy in the world, worth over $1 trillion per year globally. Praise God that, more than before, the needs of the most vulnerable and needy are being addressed. Also give thanks for:
a) A more holistic understanding of evangelical mission within the Church. Ministry that cares for orphans and widows, uplifts the poor, brings liberty to the oppressed and sets captives free reflects the heart of God, the values of the Scriptures and the role of the Church. Caring for the downtrodden and vulnerable and demonstrating practically Christ’s love are increasingly — and rightly — the focused activities of evangelical ministry. At many times, evangelicals in particular have lacked a healthy balance of spiritual ministry and practical ministry (as if the purposes of God could be so easily compartmentalized!). Give thanks for the Church’s increasing understanding that Christ’s Kingdom can and must transform every aspect of life and community.
b) Doors to many places and peoples previously closed are open to aid workers, educators, technical tradesmen and virtually any other occupation. Believers have opportunities to enter countries and serve with NGOs, to see redemptive changes occur in communities, to collaborate with other altruistic-minded people and organizations. Just as significant are the opportunities to present an excellent witness for God’s transforming love through practical assistance to those in need.
Pray that this global trend might continue to pave roads for the spread of the gospel to those among whom Christians wish to serve, to non-Christians labouring alongside Jesus’ followers and to community and government leaders who are themselves potentially great change-makers for the Kingdom of God.
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)