Prayer Guide 11.8.18
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 8: How Majestic is Your Name
- Psalm 38: Do Not Forsake me O Lord
- Psalm 68: God Shall Scatter His Enemies
- Psalm 98: Make a Joyful Noise to the Lord
- Psalm 128: Blessed is Everyone Who Fears the Lord
- Proverbs 8: Wisdom
Pray for Your Church
- That the church’s songs would teach members to biblically confess, lament, and praise.
- Jason, Richel, Eli, Abi, Dori, Anna, Caleb, Ethan, Jesse & Aiden Hubbard
- Katie Klausmeier
- Dave, Michelle, Summer, Carolina, Jed & Elijah Knoshaug
General Church Prayers
- Continue to pray for Dori Hubbard and her recovery from Spinal Fusion surgery to correct Scoliosis.
- Continue to pray for the Andrews family after the loss of Rebecca’s mother.
- Continue to pray for the McNerney’s and John’s recovery from his recent heart surgery.
- Continue to pray for Lindsay Yackey who has two broken arms currently and is trying to finish her student teaching in the next few weeks.
- Continue to pray for the Aricayos family and for Isaia’s recovery from his motorcycle accident.
- Pray God would continue to provide the finances for us to pay off our building.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will work hard to provide for your family, to the best of his ability. Pray that the character qualities necessary for a successful career and ministry will be a growing part of his character—persistence, decisiveness, strength, an analytical mind, organizational skills, positive relationships with people, determination, etc. (Rom. 12:11; 1 Cor. 15:58)
Pray for Your Wife
Ask God to protect your wife from the evil plots of Satan. Pray that she will not be corrupted as she rubs shoulders with the world. (John 17:15; Isa. 54:17; Ps. 91:9-11)
Pray for Your Children
Mercy—”May my children always be merciful, just as their Father is merciful.” (Luke 6:36)
Pray for Your Singleness
It is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. (Philippians 1:9–11)
Finish the work you have started within me and through me, making me a little more like Jesus every day. Restrain me from doing anything to make his death look cheap or meaningless. Equip me to increasingly think, talk, and act like someone who has been saved at infinite cost and entrusted with the greatest news the world has ever known.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray that God would grant them repentance. Unbelievers cannot repent without the enabling grace of God. So pray that God would grant them repentance, that this repentance would lead them to a knowledge of the truth. Pray as well that they would come to their senses and that they would escape from the devil’s snare. “God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will” (2 Timothy 2:25-26).
Pray for the Nations
Republic of Sudan
Area: 2,503,890 sq km
Africa’s largest country. Desert in the north, merging into grasslands and mountains in the centre and tropical bush in the south. Straddling the Nile Rivers. Nuba Mountains in the centre.
Population: 35,700,000 Annual Growth: 2.22%
Official language: Arabic and English Languages: 75All languages
Largest Religion: Muslim
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Challenges for Prayer
Pray for the Church in Sudan Believers must find ways to recover from the damage done by war and persecution This includes both the physical damage from bombing, fi re, and poverty, but also the spiritual and emotional trauma caused by such prolonged pain Possibly the most strategic need is training Spiritual leaders and pastors need training that suits the Sudanese context In addition, the millions who came to Jesus from Islamic, animist, or weak Christian backgrounds need discipleship Out of 114 languages, only 10 have the whole Bible Christian radio/audio resources and TV/video material could help believers read and understand Scripture, gain a Christian worldview, and learn how to reach their neighbours (even their enemies!) for Jesus
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)