Prayer Guide: 09.24.2017
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Proverbs 24: Intelligence for Hospitality
- Psalm 144: My Rock & My Fortress
- Psalm 114: Tremble at the Presence of the Lord
- Psalm 84: My Soul Longs for the Courts of the Lord
- Psalm 54: The Lord Upholds My Life
- Psalm 24: The King of Glory
Pray for Your Church
- The preaching of God’s Word—that it would be biblically careful and Holy Spirit imbued.
- Dusty, Star, Josiah, Anastasia, Jezreel & Kathryn Kraft
- Jim & Liz Linclau
- Steve, Joni, Josiah, Abi & Micah Lopez
- Joe, Liz, Micah & Isaiah Messer
General Church Prayers
- That God would help us to pay off the church building before then end of the year.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will have a balanced life—that he will balance work and play. Pray that he will fear God, but also gain favor with people he knows at work and church. (Luke 2:52; Prov. 13:15)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will be clothed with strength and dignity. Pray that she will have a gentle and gracious spirit, and represent the Lord well as His ambassador. (Prov. 31:25a; 2 Cor. 5:20a; 1 Pet. 3:4)
Pray for Your Children
A Servant’s Heart—”God, please help my children develop servant’s hearts, that they may serve wholeheartedly, as if they were serving the Lord, not men.” (Eph. 6:7)
Pray for Your Singleness
It is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. (Philippians 1:9–11)
Finish the work you have started within me and through me, making me a little more like Jesus every day. Restrain me from doing anything to make his death look cheap or meaningless. Equip me to increasingly think, talk, and act like someone who has been saved at infinite cost and entrusted with the greatest news the world has ever known.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray that God would remove Satan’s blinding influence . Unbelievers have been blinded by Satan and will only ever be able to see and appreciate the gospel if God works within them. So pray that God would give them sight—spiritual sight. “In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God” (2 Corinthians 4:4).