Prayer Guide: 09.26.2017
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Proverbs 26: The Blemish of Foolishness
- Psalm 146: Put Not Your Trust in Princes
- Psalm 116: I Love the Lord
- Psalm 86: Great Is Your Steadfast Love
- Psalm 56: In God I Trust
- Psalm 26: I Will Bless the Lord
Pray for Your Church
- That the church’s songs would teach members to biblically confess, lament, and praise.
- Paul, Erin, Jonah, Jude, Idelette & Morrow Pavlik
- Travis, Laura, Caleb, Mason, Kai, Jackson, Liam, Addie, Reed & Grace Polk
- Marsha Powers
General Church Prayers
- Prayer Request from Kevin & Ally Williams: Our son, Garnet, has heart surgery scheduled for this coming Wednesday. We’ve had this date schedule for months and were aware that surgery would be needed since before he was born a little over a year ago. The doctors will be going in to suture up 3 small holes in his heart. It’s as “routine” as open heart surgery can be on a 15 month on, but still very scary. We are praying for Garnet’s surgeons, doctors, medical staff and everyone involved. The surgery is this Wednesday- first thing in the AM. Please pray that God gives us a calmness during the surgery and that all goes as planned. Garnet will be missing his friends at care group and in the nursery for the next month or so as he recuperates, but we can’t wait to get him back out to church.
- That God would help us to pay off the church building before then end of the year.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will discover and live his God-given purpose. Pray that he will offer all his dreams to the Lord, and pursue only those goals that will bring God glory and count for eternity. (Jer. 29:11; 1 Cor. 10:31)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will think biblically—with the mind of Christ—and practice the expression of her faith with boldness in places of influence. (Ps. 119:46)
Pray for Your Children
Willingness and Ability to Work—”Teach my children, Lord, to value work and to work at it with all their heart, as working for the Lord and not for men.” (Col. 3:23)
Pray for Your Singleness
[May] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe. (Ephesians 1:16–19)
Show me more of yourself and shape my life to reveal your glory. As I walk back out on the raging sea of life and of singleness, still my faith in you and set my eyes on you standing strong and reliable above it all. Reveal how much bigger and more beautiful you are than marriage, or any other dream or desire I might have.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray that you will develop relationship with them. For people to be saved they must first hear the good news of the gospel. For them to hear the good news of the gospel, they must first encounter Christians—Christians like you. Pray that you would develop deeper, more significant relationship with them so you can, in turn, speak truth. “How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?” (Romans 10:14).
Pray for the Nations
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)