Prayer Guide 1.28.19
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 28: The Lord Is My Strength & My Shield
- Psalm 58: God Who Judges the Earth
- Psalm 88: I Cry Out Day and Night Before You
- Psalm 118: His Steadfast Love Endures Forever
- Psalm 148: Praise the Name of the Lord
- Proverbs 28: The Bitter End of the Wicked
Pray for Your Church
- That adult members would work to disciple teenagers and not just leave it to programming.
- Ryan, Amanda, Abby & William Visser
- Greg, Karen & Kyle Ward
- Doug, Lynda, Anna, Grace & Jonathan Whyrick
General Church Prayers
- Pray for the Visser’s baby girl as she is in the hospital with RSV and low oxygen levels. She stayed overnight last night. Amanda and Abby are also very sick so the entire family could use prayer for healing and strength.
- That God would help us to pay off the church building.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will be a man of prayer. Pray that he will seek and pursue God in purposeful quiet times. (1 Thess. 5:17; Luke 22:46; James 5:16)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will strive for personal excellence as a “Proverbs 31” woman, and will believe God to accomplish His will in her as a virtuous woman. (Prov. 31:10-31)
Pray for Your Children
Self-Discipline—”Father, I pray that my children may acquire a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair.” (Prov. 1:3)
Pray for Your Singleness
May the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. (Hebrews 13:20–21)
Use me and my gifts to make your name great in the world. I want my life to count for the mission you have given us. I want it to count today, even while I am still young and single. Fill me with ambition, creativity, and selflessness for the sake of your glory.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray for them faithfully and persistently. Our temptation is to grow discouraged in prayer, to pray for a while and, when we see no visible results, to give up. But God calls us to persevere in prayer. “Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving” (Colossians 4:2). (See also the parable of the persistent widow in Luke 18:1-8.)
Pray for the Nations
Turks & Caicos Islands
Area: 500 sq km
An archipelago of 30 coral islands at the southeastern end of the Bahamas.
Population: 32,990 Annual Growth: 1.56%
Capital: Grand Turk (Cockburn Town)
Official language: English Languages: 2 All languages
Largest Religion: Christian
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)