Prayer Guide 10.17.19
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 17: In the Shadow of Your Wings
- Psalm 47: God is King Over All the Earth
- Psalm 77: In the Day of Trouble I Seek the Lord
- Psalm 107: Let the Redeemed of the Lord Say So
- Psalm 137: How Shall We Sing the Lord’s Song?
- Proverbs 17: Proverbs to Make Fools Wise
Pray for Your Church
- That more members would use their careers to take the gospel to places it’s never been.
- Isaia, Krista, Keoni, Kaleo, Kealani & Kamuela Aricayos
- Mandy Bailey
- Mike, Heather, Cade, Ethan, Landen, Emmery, Hadley, Brinely & Audrey Bonnell
General Church Prayers
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will enjoy his manliness as he patterns his life after Christ and strong men in the faith. Pray for his physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual strength. (Eph. 3:16; 1 Peter 2:21; 1 Cor. 10:11)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will be an example of contentment, thankful for God’s supply. Pray that her sufficiency will be in God’s abounding grace. (1 Tim. 6:6, 8)
Pray for Your Children
Joy—”May my children be filled with the joy given by the Holy Spirit.” (1 Thes. 1:6)
Pray for Your Singleness
“Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” (Luke 22:42)
Not my will, but yours, be done, O Lord. If those seven words and the faith beneath them were enough to carry Jesus through the cross for my sake, they should be enough to carry me through anything in this life for his sake. Prepare me to make the most of marriage or singleness, whatever you have chosen and planned for me. If it’s not your will for me to marry, help me see all that you have planned for me — in gifting, ministry, and singleness. Either way, anchor my heart firmly in you, and not in marriage.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray with confidence. Finally, pray with confidence. God expects we will pray, God invites us to pray, God commands us to pray. Why? Because God loves to hear us pray and God loves to respond to our prayers. So as you pray for unbelievers, pray with confidence that God hears your prayers. “The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working” (James 5:16).
Pray for the Nations
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)