Prayer Guide 12.27.18
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 27: The Lord Is My Light & My Salvation
- Psalm 57: Let Your Glory Be Over All the Earth
- Psalm 87: Glorious Things of You Are Spoken
- Psalm 117: The Lord’s Faithfulness Endures Forever
- Psalm 147: He Heals the Brokenhearted
- Proverbs 27: The Way of the Wise
Pray for Your Church
- That the church’s prayers would be infused with biblical ambitions, honesty, and humility.
- Cale, Virgina, Caleb, Caroline, Charlotte & Carson Rogers
- Joey, Robin, Asher & Emily Taylor
- David & Natalia Turner
General Church Prayers
- Update from Lynda Whyrick: Pearl, her husband Mario and daughter, Sam arrive in WI; however, Sam’s white blood count was up and they were not able to perform the surgery. They are heading back home to be with their other two daughters for Christmas. They will schedule the surgery during 2019. Thank you for keeping them in your prayers. Still no word on Pearl’s test results for the nodule in her lung. Lindsey will have sinus surgery on December 26. Continued prayers, please for a successful surgery along with a full and fast recovery for Lindsey, for clear test results for Pearl and for strength and ever growing faith for the entire family.
- From Isaia Aricayos: Hello, we are asking for prayers for my family and Dad specifically. The doctors completed a CT scan due to pain in his lower back and found what they are almost certain is prostate cancer. Additional scans have found cancer in his left lung and lymph nodes as well. He has a biopsy today to confirm their findings so far and develop a treatment plan. Thankfully, my brother has been available to help with doctor appointments and keeping us informed. Your prayers are appreciated!
- That God would help us to pay off the church building.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will understand the importance of taking care of his body—the temple of the Holy Spirit—for the glory of God. Pray that he will practice self-control by making wise food choices, and get sufficient exercise to stay healthy. (Rom. 12:1-2; 1 Cor. 6:19-20, 9:27)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will earnestly seek God’s will and be committed to instant and complete obedience—ready for God to work powerfully in and through her life. (1 Sam. 15:22; 2 Cor. 10:3-5; Luke 9:23-24)
Pray for Your Children
Passion for God—”Lord, please instill in my children a soul that ‘followeth hard after thee,’ one that clings passionately to You.” (Ps. 63:8)
Pray for Your Singleness
With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments. . . . I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. . . . Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways. . . . Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me. (Psalm 119:10, 15, 37, 133)
You are the only one who could ever truly make me happy. No spouse, no friend, no job, no amount of money could ever fill the space inside of me made for you. You are more than enough for me, and yet my heart is still prone to wander. Order my loves according to your surpassing worth and beauty, and guard my eyes and mind from being preoccupied with anyone or anything besides you. Capture my heart again, and secure it against all of Satan’s lies.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray for opportunities to minister to them. Many people come to faith after seeing Christ’s loved displayed through the ministry of Christians. Pray for opportunities to minister to unbelievers so that your ministry can have an evangelistic effect. “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 5:16).
Pray for the Nations
Area: 488,100 sq km
Two populated strips of irrigated land on its northern and southern borders, separated by the barren Kara-Kum Desert. Only 1% of the country is irrigated, arable land; 80% is desert.
Population: 5,176,502 Annual Growth: 1.34%
Official language: Turkmen using Latin script as in Turkey since 1994; previously Cyrillic script Languages: 9 All languages
Largest Religion: Muslim
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Answer to Prayer
The atmosphere of the country is experiencing positive change. Turkmen citizens can travel abroad and within the country much more easily. Two Protestant churches have recently been allowed to officially register and meet publicly.
Challenge for Prayer
The new government and leadership face difficult decisions about continuing Niyazov’s legacy, about domestic policies and about the awkward relationships with Russia (its main buyer of gas), Iran, Afghanistan and China. Pray for godly wisdom for the new leader, for a departure from oppressive policies of the past and for the respect of constitutionally guaranteed human rights and religious freedoms.
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)