Prayer Guide 11.20.19
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 20: Trust in the Name of the Lord Our God
- Psalm 50: God Himself Is Judge
- Psalm 80: Restore Us, O God
- Psalm 110: Sit at My Right Hand
- Psalm 140: Deliver Me, O Lord, from Evil Men
- Proverbs 20: Knowledge & the Heart
Pray for Your Church
- That a culture of disciplining would form in which making disciples is viewed as an ordinary part of the Christian life.
- Rob, Kristy, Eliah, Zack, Abigail, Kiera & Jaina Confer
- Taylor, Hannah, Madelyn, Addy, Finnley & Brynn Cross
- James, Ali, Henry & Ellis Everett
General Church Prayers
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will yield his mind and thoughts to the Lord. Pray that he will not entertain immoral or impure thoughts, and that he will resist the temptation to indulge in pornography. (Prov. 27:12; 2 Cor. 10:5)
Pray for Your Wife
Ask God to remind your wife of the hope and refuge God offers her each day. Pray that she will be encouraged in God, knowing that He is a firm, secure anchor for her soul. (Ps. 9:9-10; Ps. 42:5; 71:14; Heb. 6:19a)
Pray for Your Children
Compassion—”Lord, please clothe my children with the virtue of compassion.” (Col. 3:12)
Pray for Your Singleness
May the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. (Hebrews 13:20–21)
Use me and my gifts to make your name great in the world. I want my life to count for the mission you have given us. I want it to count today, even while I am still young and single. Fill me with ambition, creativity, and selflessness for the sake of your glory.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray that God would put his Spirit within them. The great joy of salvation is being indwelled by God himself. Pray that God would grant this honor to those unbelievers, that he would choose to take up residence within them. “And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules” (Ezekiel 36:27).