Prayer Guide 3.19.19
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 19: The Law of the Lord Is Perfect
- Psalm 49: Why Should I Fear in Times of Trouble?
- Psalm 79: How Long, O Lord?
- Psalm 109: Help Me, O Lord My God
- Psalm 139: Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart
- Proverbs 19: True Value
Pray for Your Church
- That we would have unity amid diversity—loving those with whom we have nothing in common but the gospel.
- JP, Monica, Elyse, Jonathan & Norman Chavez
- Jim Clark
- Caleb, Marlys, Connor, Logan & Mailey Clark
General Church Prayers
- Please pray for Robert Meyer for he was in a three car accident this morning driving home from his work. He was not serously hurt but has whip lash and a headache. The other driver totally totaled Robert’s car.
- That God would help us to pay off the church building.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will be patient and a man of peace. Pray that he will not give in to anger, but will allow the Holy Spirit to control his responses. (Rom. 14:19; Ps. 34:14)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will use time wisely, seek God’s perspective for her schedule and priorities, and guard against unnecessary interruptions. Pray that she will seek and obey God’s will, rather than trying to meet everyone else’s expectations. (Eph. 5:15-16; Col. 4:5; Ps. 90:12; Prov. 31:27)
Pray for Your Children
Humility—”God, please cultivate in my children the ability to show true humility toward all.” (Titus 3:2)
Pray for Your Singleness
With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments. . . . I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. . . . Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways. . . . Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me. (Psalm 119:10, 15, 37, 133)
You are the only one who could ever truly make me happy. No spouse, no friend, no job, no amount of money could ever fill the space inside of me made for you. You are more than enough for me, and yet my heart is still prone to wander. Order my loves according to your surpassing worth and beauty, and guard my eyes and mind from being preoccupied with anyone or anything besides you. Capture my heart again, and secure it against all of Satan’s lies.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray that God would give them a heart of flesh. The Bible contrasts a heart of flesh, a heart that is alive and responsive to God, to a heart of stone, a heart that is cold and unyielding. Pray that God would work within these unbelievers to change their hearts. “And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh…” (Ezekiel 11:19).
Pray for the Nations
British Indian Ocean Territory
Area: 153 sq km
Mainly the Chagos Archipelago in the central Indian Ocean. 55 islands across 54,000 sq km of ocean.
Population: 2,000 Annual Growth: 0.00%
Capital: Diego Garcia
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)