Prayer Guide 8.26.19
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 26: I Will Bless the Lord
- Psalm 56: In God I Trust
- Psalm 86: Great Is Your Steadfast Love
- Psalm 116: I Love the Lord
- Psalm 146: Put Not Your Trust in Princes
- Proverbs 26: The Blemish of Foolishness
Pray for Your Church
- That the church’s songs would teach members to biblically confess, lament, and praise.
- Jay, Michelle, Jacob, Timothy & Emmalyn Nichols
- Paul, Erin, Jonah, Jude, Idelette, Morrow & Verity Pavlik
- Travis, Laura, Caleb, Mason, Kai, Jackson, Liam, Addie, Reed & Grace Polk
General Church Prayers
- From Mandy: One of my co-workers has asked us to pray for her son, Tyler. He serves in the National Guard, and recently returned from a tour in Afghanistan. He is now struggling with strange dreams and is reacting to some sounds. I let her know that I would share this request with you all.
- From Mike: I will be driving to MN, leaving the 31st and returning the 8th, to visit my mother. Please pray for: My health and safety, my car, and the trip in general, that things would go as planned. Thanks!
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will discover and live his God-given purpose. Pray that he will offer all his dreams to the Lord, and pursue only those goals that will bring God glory and count for eternity. (Jer. 29:11; 1 Cor. 10:31)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will think biblically—with the mind of Christ—and practice the expression of her faith with boldness in places of influence. (Ps. 119:46)
Pray for Your Children
Willingness and Ability to Work—”Teach my children, Lord, to value work and to work at it with all their heart, as working for the Lord and not for men.” (Col. 3:23)
Pray for Your Singleness
[May] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe. (Ephesians 1:16–19)
Show me more of yourself and shape my life to reveal your glory. As I walk back out on the raging sea of life and of singleness, still my faith in you and set my eyes on you standing strong and reliable above it all. Reveal how much bigger and more beautiful you are than marriage, or any other dream or desire I might have.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray that you will develop relationship with them. For people to be saved they must first hear the good news of the gospel. For them to hear the good news of the gospel, they must first encounter Christians—Christians like you. Pray that you would develop deeper, more significant relationship with them so you can, in turn, speak truth. “How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?” (Romans 10:14).
Pray for the Nations
Republic of Malta
Area: 316 sq km
Three small but strategic islands in the central Mediterranean. Dry limestone hills with no rivers.
Population: 409,999 Annual Growth: 0.37%
Official language: Maltese, English. Maltese is a unique blend of Arabic, Latin and Punic Languages:4 All languages
Largest Religion: Christian
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Challenges for Prayer
Immigration presents a massive challenge. The numbers attempting to enter Europe (2,000 per year and increasing) could potentially overwhelm the small population of Malta. Policing its waters as well as housing and providing for such immigrants are a significant strain on Malta’s limited resources. Its proximity to North Africa – a launching point for immigrants from a host of nationalities – makes it all the more vulnerable. Maltese demonstrate general antipathy to those who exploit its accessibility. Most immigrants want to move from Malta; living in a detention centre is more akin to prison than the freedom they sought. Pray for Maltese to demonstrate compassion and Christian love; pray that many of these immigrants might discover the living Christ.