Prayer Guide 9.22.19
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Psalm 22: Why Have You Forsaken Me?
- Psalm 52: The Steadfast Love of God Endures
- Psalm 82: Rescue the Weak & Needy
- Psalm 112: The Righteous Will Never Be Moved
- Psalm 142: You Are My Refuge
- Proverbs 22: Discipline Yourself With Wisdom
Pray for Your Church
- That a hunger for studying the gospel would form among members so that they can guide and guard one another in it.
- Tom, Janet & Andrew Grove
- Jessica, Aiden & Eric Gunning
- Omar, Karen, Ariana, Serena, Treyton & Riley Herrera
General Church Prayers
- From Mandy: One of my co-workers has asked us to pray for her son, Tyler. He serves in the National Guard, and recently returned from a tour in Afghanistan. He is now struggling with strange dreams and is reacting to some sounds. I let her know that I would share this request with you all.
- From Mike: I will be driving to MN, leaving the 31st and returning the 8th, to visit my mother. Please pray for: My health and safety, my car, and the trip in general, that things would go as planned. Thanks!
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will practice forgiveness in your relationship and with others. Pray that he will recognize any roots of bitterness, and yield any resentment and unforgiving attitudes to the Lord. (Eph. 4:32; Heb. 12:15)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will serve others with God’s agape love and encourage them with His wisdom and compassion. (Gal. 5:13b; Phil. 2:3-4; Prov. 31:20)
Pray for Your Children
Contentment—”Father, teach my children the secret of being content in any and every situation, through Him who gives them strength.” (Phil. 4:12-13)
Pray for Your Singleness
He gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (Ephesians 4:11–16)
Surround me with people who love me, and who you love more than they love me, especially while I would otherwise live alone. Reveal things about me to me through their eyes, their faith and maturity, and their words. Make me a healthier, more effective member of the local church. Give me a deep, abiding, and growing desire to serve her in whatever ways I can. Rescue me from the blindness and self-centeredness of isolation.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray that God would open their hearts to believe the gospel. Once more, God must initiate and people must respond. So pray that God would open the hearts of these unbelievers so they can in turn believe, just as Lydia did. “The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul” (Acts 16:14).
Pray for the Nations
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Area: 923,768 sq km
Mangrove and tropical rain forests in the south, savannah and grasslands in the north. The country is drained by the Niger-Benue river systems.
Population: 158,258,917 Annual Growth: 2.35%
Official language: English. Hausa is widely used in the north and middle belt, Yoruba in the southwest, Igbo in the southeast and Pidgin English all over the south Languages: 521 All languages
Largest Religion: Christian
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)