Prayer Guide: 09.25.2017
Pray through Scripture
Choose one chapter to pray through.
- Proverbs 25: The Speech of the Self Controlled
- Psalm 145: Great Is the Lord
- Psalm 115: To Your Name Give Glory
- Psalm 85: Revive Us Again
- Psalm 55: Cast Your Burden on the Lord
- Psalm 25: Teach Me Your Paths
Pray for Your Church
- That elders would remain above reproach, kept from temptation, complacency, idols, and worldliness.
- Chris, Sherry & Neriah Meyer
- Marek, Monique & Blake Mikula
- Jay, Michelle, Jacob, Timothy & Emmalyn Nichols
General Church Prayers
- Prayer Request from Kevin & Ally Williams: Our son, Garnet, has heart surgery scheduled for this coming Wednesday. We’ve had this date schedule for months and were aware that surgery would be needed since before he was born a little over a year ago. The doctors will be going in to suture up 3 small holes in his heart. It’s as “routine” as open heart surgery can be on a 15 month on, but still very scary. We are praying for Garnet’s surgeons, doctors, medical staff and everyone involved. The surgery is this Wednesday- first thing in the AM. Please pray that God gives us a calmness during the surgery and that all goes as planned. Garnet will be missing his friends at care group and in the nursery for the next month or so as he recuperates, but we can’t wait to get him back out to church.
- That God would help us to pay off the church building before then end of the year.
Pray for Your Husband
Pray that your husband will be courageous in his stand against evil and injustice, and that he will stand for the truth. Pray that he will protect you and your family from Satan’s attacks. (Ps. 31:24; Eph. 6:13; Ps. 27:14)
Pray for Your Wife
Pray that your wife will seek God for personal revival and revival in your church and community. Pray that she will quickly repent when she sins or strays from her Good Shepherd’s side, and that she learn the will and ways of God. (2 Chron. 7:14)
Pray for Your Children
Hope—”May the God of hope grant that my children may overflow with hope and hopefulness by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Rom. 15:13)
Pray for Your Singleness
“Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” (Luke 22:42)
Not my will, but yours, be done, O Lord. If those seven words and the faith beneath them were enough to carry Jesus through the cross for my sake, they should be enough to carry me through anything in this life for his sake. Prepare me to make the most of marriage or singleness, whatever you have chosen and planned for me. If it’s not your will for me to marry, help me see all that you have planned for me — in gifting, ministry, and singleness. Either way, anchor my heart firmly in you, and not in marriage.
Pray for Unbelievers
Pray that God would grant them repentance. Unbelievers cannot repent without the enabling grace of God. So pray that God would grant them repentance, that this repentance would lead them to a knowledge of the truth. Pray as well that they would come to their senses and that they would escape from the devil’s snare. “God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will” (2 Timothy 2:25-26).
Pray for the Nations
(Prayer information gathered from Companion to Pray the Bible, Revive Our Hearts, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Challies & Operation World)